Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Nagaraj <na...@beehyv.com> on 2008/10/15 10:21:50 UTC

Set version attribute value in the feature.xml dynamically using buildfile

Hello,

Please find  buildfile, feature.xml

Feature.xml  contains

<feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "5.0.3.0"
provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">

</feature>

My requirement is set version attribute in the feature.xml to the
VERSION_NUMBER defined in the buildfile

Can anyone suggest me how to set version attribute in the feature.xml
dynamically using buildfile?

Thanks in advance

Nagaraj

  _____

Take your business <http://www.aatmani.com/Aatmani/adclick?adprintid=625>
to new heights with NetSuite on demand solutions.

Re: Set version attribute value in the feature.xml dynamically using buildfile

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com>.

Nagaraj wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
> I tried this option before.
>

> feature.xml file contents
>
> <feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "${version}">
>   provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">
> </feature>
>

> In the buildfile I placed following line
>
> resources.filter.using 'version'=>VERSION_NUMBER
>
> Still I am not getting the correct result.

works for me:
ittayd/tmp/foo > ff
./buildfile
./src/main/resources/feature.xml
ittayd/tmp/foo > cat ./src/main/resources/feature.xml
<feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "${version}">
  provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">
</feature>

ittayd/tmp/foo > buildr
(in /tmp/foo, development)
Building foo
[Completed] Your build has completed: /tmp/foo
buildr default
Completed in 0.403s
ittayd/tmp/foo > cat target/resources/feature.xml
<feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "1.0">
  provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">
</feature>

maybe you placed feature.xml in a place other than src/main/resources?
if so, you have two options (other than moving it to src/main/resources):
1. if where you put features.xml is the standard place for resources,
you can use layouts
(http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/extending.html#using_alternative_layouts)
to configure buildr to look for resource files there.
2. use resources.filter.from (or resources.from) and
resources.filter.into to configure source and target directories to find
resource files. use resources.filter.include (or resources.include) to
specify glob patterns of files to include

Ittay

--
Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com>
Tikal <http://www.tikalk.com>

RE: Set version attribute value in the feature.xml dynamically using buildfile

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>.

Nagaraj wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Please find  buildfile, feature.xml
>

> Feature.xml  contains
>

> <feature id="beehyv.feature" label="%feature.name" version= "5.0.3.0"
> provider-name="%provider.name" plugin="beehyv.editor">
>

> </feature>
>

> My requirement is set version attribute in the feature.xml to the
> VERSION_NUMBER defined in the buildfile
>

> Can anyone suggest me how to set version attribute in the feature.xml
> dynamically using buildfile?

I think the best approach is to use the resources task to filter the
file. See http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/building.html#resources

Ittay

Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>