Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bruce A. Carson" <ba...@world.std.com> on 2001/07/09 19:39:00 UTC

Setting Classpath ---was: jk_nt_service -- where exactly is it?

Re: Why does Tomcat spend too much time before process a request?You can
specify multiple Jars / .Class files by separating them with semicolons. No
additional -classpath should be used:

javac -classpath
c:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;c:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\xerces.jar *.java

You could also just set an environment variable called CLASSPATH prior to
calling the javac command line

set
CLASSPATH=c:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;c:\jakarta-tomcat\lib\xerces.jar
javac *.java

This has the advantage of less typing.  You may also want to look into the
"Ant" build facility.  It can be setup to compile your .java files with a
single command line.

Bruce