Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Yves Goergen <no...@unclassified.de> on 2010/05/16 11:49:09 UTC

Hot to use German spam channel? (GPG problems)

Hello,

how can I use the German spam rules channel that was recently advertised
here? When I tell sa-update to use that channel, it reports me GPG
problems. I have imported a key (not sure anymore which) but it still
doesn't work. The channel maintainer cannot tell me which key I need.
Should I just disable the GPG verification feature or is there another
solution? Can somebody provide me with the necessary steps to get this
to work? The official documentation doesn't help me.

This is the channel URL: 70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <no...@unclassified.de>

Re: How to use German spam channel? (GPG problems)

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 16/05/2010 7:53 AM, Yves Goergen wrote:
> On 16.05.2010 12:13 CE(S)T, C.M. Burns wrote:
>> I suppose you have problems with the key #856AA88A.
>
> Yes, that was it.
>
>> If you imported it to your keyring, try this:
>>
>> sa-update --channel 70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net --gpgkey
>> 856AA88A
>>
>> or you could try this:
>>
>> sa-update --channel 70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net
>> --gpgkeyfile /path/to/your_channel_keyfile.chan
>
> Thanks, that worked. sa-update doesn't seem to know what keys to use on
> its own.

Yes, by design, to limit the ability of people to distribute rouge updates.

http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/sare/sare-sa-update-howto.txt

Daryl

Re: How to use German spam channel? (GPG problems)

Posted by Yves Goergen <no...@unclassified.de>.

Re: Hot to use German spam channel? (GPG problems)

Posted by "C.M. Burns" <mo...@googlemail.com>.

Yves Goergen schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> how can I use the German spam rules channel that was recently advertised
> here? When I tell sa-update to use that channel, it reports me GPG
> problems. I have imported a key (not sure anymore which) but it still
> doesn't work. The channel maintainer cannot tell me which key I need.
> Should I just disable the GPG verification feature or is there another
> solution? Can somebody provide me with the necessary steps to get this
> to work? The official documentation doesn't help me.
>
> This is the channel URL: 70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net

I suppose you have problems with the key #856AA88A.
If you imported it to your keyring, try this:

sa-update --channel 70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net --gpgkey
856AA88A

or you could try this:

sa-update --channel 70_zmi_german.cf.zmi.sa-update.dostech.net
--gpgkeyfile /path/to/your_channel_keyfile.chan

regards
stefan