Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com> on 2009/06/24 18:03:52 UTC

Re: Generating Dynamic radio button list

You need to provide Struts with an actual List (or Set or the like).  It
looks like you are providing a single String.  You will need to parse that
String out into a List of Strings in order for <s:radio> to treat it as a
List.
jk

2009/6/24 BlackKnight <ww...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to generate a dynamic raido buttom list using
>
> <s:radio name="%{optionname}" list="%{optionvalue}" />
>
> where optionvalue is stored in database equal
>
> #{'Faculty':'Faculty<BR>','Staff':'Staff<BR>','Resident':'Resident<BR>','Intern':'Intern<BR>'}
>
> however struts2 doesn't generate the radio button list intead he
> generate only 1 radio button with value equals
>
> #{'Faculty':'Faculty<BR>','Staff':'Staff<BR>','Resident':'Resident<BR>','Intern':'Intern<BR>'}
>
> Any help?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Frank

Jim Kiley
Senior Technical Consultant | Summa
[p] 412.258.3346
http://www.summa-tech.com

Re: Generating Dynamic radio button list

Posted by BlackKnight <ww...@gmail.com>.
Jim Kiley ??:
> You need to provide Struts with an actual List (or Set or the like).  It
> looks like you are providing a single String.  You will need to parse that
> String out into a List of Strings in order for <s:radio> to treat it as a
> List.
> jk
>
> 2009/6/24 BlackKnight <ww...@gmail.com>
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to generate a dynamic raido buttom list using
>>
>> <s:radio name="%{optionname}" list="%{optionvalue}" />
>>
>> where optionvalue is stored in database equal
>>
>> #{'Faculty':'Faculty<BR>','Staff':'Staff<BR>','Resident':'Resident<BR>','Intern':'Intern<BR>'}
>>
>> however struts2 doesn't generate the radio button list intead he
>> generate only 1 radio button with value equals
>>
>> #{'Faculty':'Faculty<BR>','Staff':'Staff<BR>','Resident':'Resident<BR>','Intern':'Intern<BR>'}
>>
>> Any help?
>>

>> Thanks!
>>

>> Frank

Hi, JK,

Thanks for your help ,

The problem is I am trying to generate a form from the DB. So the number
of radio button list could vary. That could make the parsing method
quite complex.(Actually I am not sure how to do that yet), any suggestions?

Frank