Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/01/02 11:45:55 UTC

Re: Preparing the v2.3.0 release

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
>> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> All of the site docs were moved to the site tree, outside of the code
>>> branches.  The site and related build needs to be reorganized so that
>>> we have a site, plus build-specific docs in its own sub-directory.
>
>> I'm looking in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/site/trunk but I
>> cannot find xdocs there.
>
> :-(  Sorry, they still need to be moved.  They are in the tag that was the
> old trunk:  tags/pre-v2and3-merger-trunk/src/xdocs/.

Where do we want to put the xdocs?
Should I add them back to the src/xdocs in the trunk?

Stefano

RE: Preparing the v2.3.0 release

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Where do we want to put the xdocs?

In site/trunk/xdocs.  The plan was to separate out the tools, build.xml,
etc. for building the site, so that we would have the site as a separate
project.

So we'd have:

  http://james.apache.org          -- built from site project
  http://james.apache.org/$product -- built from each project

where $product refers to mime4j, each currently documented version of JAMES,
etc., and contains product specific documentation and javadocs.

	--- Noel