Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by ja...@ubs.com on 2001/08/14 11:35:35 UTC

Xerces Build using Forte 6 update 2 / Solaris 2.6

The Xerces library and samples build using Forte 6 update 2
worked perfectly on my Solaris 2.6 E4500 development server.
I only had to apply "runConfigure -p solaris -c cc -x CC -d"
and run gmake. All test worked fine.

Although I encountered single linkage problem using the
compatibility Mode "-compat=4" (needed in my case). There
are two undefined symbols:
- stricmp(const char* const, const char* const)
- strnicmp(const char* const, const char* const, const unsigned int)

Actually I use the "-lc" option, so this shoud work. Any ideas
welcome.

Regards Jan

Jan Taralczak,              http://jta.web.ag
UBS AG, BAMS IS4S, Mürtschenstrasse 27,