Posted to user@struts.apache.org by flare <fl...@flare.it> on 2002/10/12 09:42:59 UTC

Getting Crazy! Struts RAD

I'm REALLY (REALLY) satisfied with struts and have many projects in
production running like a charm.. I've my classes, my taglibs, my
solutions, everything is great BUT I'm starting to realize that lately I
spend more time getting the whole framework to work than coding!  I've
to create the forms, converting the html tags, setting the templates or
using the decorator pattern (other configuration issues) , building the
mappings, modifying the web.xml etc...etc.. It takes a couple of hours to
code the business logic and a week to configure struts ;D
Are there RAD tools that allow building a form like Dreamweaver and
output skeleton classes and configuration files? I need nothing to
complex, I mean a point and click solution that outputs not working code
(just a skeleton) not a overcomplex application that does everything
even if you don't want it and takes 6 months to fully understand it.
Don't tell me to go to the  Husted site, I just want an advice not links

 Thanx in advance

Re: Getting Crazy! Struts RAD

Posted by "C. Struts" <st...@cmbsystems.com>.
I haven't tested yet, but according to the struts resources page,
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/resources/guis.html, JForms seems to do
what you need.

>>From the web site http://www.solanasoft.com/products.html :

"JForms takes care of all of the details of configuring Struts, including
web.xml configuration, adding entries to the struts-config.xml file,
generating application resource strings, and of course, Struts Forms and
Actions."

"Finally, JForms packages your code as a standard WAR file, and deploys it
to an embedded Tomcat server, ready for testing. You can even launch a
browser to test your form without leaving the JForms environment."

-c

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Getting Crazy! Struts RAD

Posted by Emmanuel Boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
Thanx Howard,

Easy Strut is available for Eclipse and JBuilder at http://easystruts.sf.net

Eclipse version is more advanced and next version will use XSL transformation for java/jsp
generation...to be continued...

Thx,
-emmanuel

Howard Miller <me...@howardmiller.co.uk> a écrit : > Hi,