Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2007/10/24 18:14:02 UTC

"common-bridge" and supported JSF versions was (Re: [vote] start up the MyFaces Commons project)

At the moment I am stuck with JSF 1.1.  This is due in part to the
version of Java available on some HP-UX servers.  Although I would like
to move to JSF 1.2, this will not occur in the near future.  If this is
a common situation, then I suggest JSF 1.1 AND JSF 1.2 should be
"current" relative to MyFaces projects.  Granted some project will not
support JSF 1.1, but the ones that do should continue to develop in the
JSF 1.1 environment.  The use of a "bridge" to simplify development
efforts for those projects that support 1.1 and 1.2 is a good idea.

Paul Spencer