Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by "Tapper, Gunnar" <gu...@hp.com> on 2014/04/29 08:33:44 UTC

HBase HDFS Security

Ambari seems to set up /apps/hbase as follows:

[hdfs@bronto03 ~]$ hadoop fs -lsr /apps/hbase
drwx------   - hbase hdfs          0 2014-04-29 06:18 /apps/hbase/data
drwx------   - hbase hdfs          0 2014-03-06 06:52 /apps/hbase/data/-ROOT-

How can this be changed so that users other than the owner can list files and their sizes in Ambari?

Thanks,

Gunnar

The person that says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

Download a free version of HPDSM, a unified big-data administration tool for Vertica and Hadoop at: http://www.vertica.com/marketplace

Re: HBase HDFS Security

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Which version of Ambari are you using? The 1.5.x release and also latest
from trunk set them to 711 - based on some installs I checked.

You can also manually change the permission using hdfs commands if its a
one time fix you are looking for.

-Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: HBase HDFS Security

Posted by "Tapper, Gunnar" <gu...@hp.com>.
Any comments on this?

Sincerely,

Gunnar

Re: HBase HDFS Security

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Gunnar,

You can do:
ambari-server --version

or

rpm -qa | grep ambari

>From the UI, you can click on the username pulldown in the top-right
corner and click on "About".
Note that this only works in recent version of Ambari.

Thanks,
Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: HBase HDFS Security

Posted by "Tapper, Gunnar" <gu...@hp.com>.
1.4.4.23

I’ll try to upgrade to 1.5.x but does that change the existing environment?

Sincerely,

Gunnar

Re: HBase HDFS Security

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
You can use rpm -qa | grep ambari

You can also use (if its a recent enough release)
ambari-server --version
ambari-server --hash

-Sumit

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Tapper, Gunnar <gu...@hp.com>wrote:

>  Hi Sumit,
>

> That is a good question. What’s the easy way to figure the Ambari version?
>

> Admin>Cluster shows the Cluster Stack Version as HDP1.3.3. but I can’t
> find something that shows the Ambari version readily.
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Gunnar
>

> Download a free version of HPDSM, a unified big-data administration tool
> for Vertica and Hadoop at: http://www.vertica.com/marketplace
>

> *“People don’t know what they want until you show it to them… Our task is
> to read things that are not yet on the page.” *— Steve Jobs

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: HBase HDFS Security

Re: HBase HDFS Security

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.