Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by srinath narasimhan <sr...@nuviewinc.com> on 2002/12/19 16:39:36 UTC

Garbage Collection of objects with valid reference under tomcat

I am using tomcat 4.1.12 with JDK 1.4.1.
I have JSP that starts a thread under tomcat. This thread seems to work
fine, but some objects ( which has valid reference ) are getting garbage
collected. I find that the finalizer thread runs through the shutdown of
this object.
But when I run it in command line, it is fine.
Does tomcat has a special garbage collector or some sort ?
Any ideas and suggestion would be of help.
Thanks.

Srinath.