Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com> on 2019/09/04 09:55:17 UTC

Section 4.17.1 Http Service

Hi,

Documentation 4.0x, Http Service section states thet the Http service can be checked by

feature:install http   followed by

localhost:8181

With both fresh installs of 4.2.5 and 4.2.6 this results in Unable to connect.

Is this expected to work as suggested or is there something missing in the docs?

Paul Fraser

Re: Section 4.17.1 Http Service

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Paul,

if you just install the http feature without deploying any application
on it, the port 8181 is not yet bound (because there's no web
application yet).

For instance, if you, at least, install the webconsole:

feature:install webconsole

you will see the 8181 bound (and the webconsole available).

AFAIR, I did a note in the documentation (let me check) about that.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré