Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/13 20:47:51 UTC

oozie java action : Why is the nameNode required?

Is a nameNode a required element for plain java or mapreduce oozie actions?
It seems so, but im not sure why:

 oozie job -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -config job.properties -run
Error: E0701 : E0701: XML schema error, cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid
content was found starting with element 'configuration'. One of
'{"uri:oozie:workflow:0.1":name-node}' is expected.

It seems like the namenode should be an optional parameter, since according
to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-426, OOZIE is written
directly against the file system API, without any coupling  to HDFS/.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Oozie permissions, task controllers, appTokens

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again mona:

1) Not sure what the purpose of the auth.token is - is that required for
running Linux TaskControllers?

2) Is it customary to submit jobs as user "oozie"?

Is there a doc on this somewhere ?  Im not an oozie expert : just want my
user "tom" to be able to submit jobs that the LinuxTaskControllers (running
as "tom") can see - im afraid though that if i run "oozie", it might not
work properly with the yarn LXC .

Anyways, let me know if im missing something.

Re: Oozie permissions, task controllers, appTokens

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The permissions for the .oozie.auth.token are 600. If you are submitting
Oozie jobs as a different user (task controller) than yourself, consider
authorizing as that user first.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: oozie java action : Why is the nameNode required?

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
You would put something equivalent instead of the NN.  For example, when
running against the local filesystem, you’d do:
<name-node>file:////</name-node>
I agree that its not exactly clear.

In any case, lets keep the discussion for this on OOZIE-1695 (which you
created) to keep it all in one place.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks mona:

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.