Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/11 03:28:44 UTC

maven-release-plugin: useReleaseProfile - how does this work to add sources and javadocs?

I'm looking at the code for maven-release-plugin and I can't see how
it add sources and javadocs.

RunPerformGoalsPhase is about the only interesting place that
isUseReleaseProfile() is used and all it does is add
"-DperformRelease=true" to additionalArguments which is then passed
into mavenExecutor.executeGoals()

But nothing has modified the pom internally to add the sources/javadocs plugins.

It looks like I need to add my own profile to my pom which is
activated on performRelease=true to hook in sources and javadocs.

Any de-mystifying guidance out there?
Cheers
Barrie

Re: maven-release-plugin: useReleaseProfile - how does this work to add sources and javadocs?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> The release profile is built into the superpom.
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/branches/maven-2.1.x/ma
> ven-project/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/project/pom-4.0.0.xml?vi
> ew=markup

Thanks.

Now I have to remember why I wanted this information.
Probably to see if I could hook into this profile for adding my own stuff.

Cheers

RE: maven-release-plugin: useReleaseProfile - how does this work to add sources and javadocs?