Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Zhou, Yunqing" <az...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/24 08:06:29 UTC

When will hadoop 0.19.2 be released?

currently I'm managing a 64-nodes hadoop 0.19.1 cluster with 100TB data.
and I found 0.19.1 is buggy and I have already applied some patches on
hadoop jira to solve problems.
But I'm looking forward to a more stable release of hadoop.
Do you know when will 0.19.2 be released?

Thanks.

Re: When will hadoop 0.19.2 be released?

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.
You could set up a parallel 18.3 HDFS on your cluster, and move files in
steps between the two.
You would only need the extra storage for the files in transition.
Your jobs would have to stop for the duration of the copy.
Manual labor and time consumptive :(

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by "Zhou, Yunqing" <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.