Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 16:09:04 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

On behalf of the Woden community, as one of the mentors, I ask the Incubator
PMC to consider Woden's graduation into the WS PMC.

The Woden community has voted for graduation, and the WS PMC has voted to
accept the graduation.

The status file is up-to-date and can be seen here:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/woden.html

The community has done 9 milestone releases within the incubator.

The community vote for graduation can be found on the Woden dev list at:
http://www.nabble.com/-results--Woden-Graduation-from-Incubation-Committer-Vote-tf4882592.html<http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg24675.html>

The WS PMC result can be seen here:
http://www.nabble.com/-RESULT--Re:--vote--Woden-Graduation-from-Incubation-into-WS-Project-t4925094.html

We invite everyone to vote to approve this proposal.

Here is my +1. Paul

Many thanks,

Paul

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
On Dec 3, 2007 10:09 AM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On behalf of the Woden community, as one of the mentors, I ask the Incubator
> PMC to consider Woden's graduation into the WS PMC.

+1.  Congratulations ;)

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 3, 2007, at 10:09 AM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

> On behalf of the Woden community, as one of the mentors, I ask the
> Incubator
> PMC to consider Woden's graduation into the WS PMC.
>
> The Woden community has voted for graduation, and the WS PMC has
> voted to
> accept the graduation.
>
> The status file is up-to-date and can be seen here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/woden.html
>
> The community has done 9 milestone releases within the incubator.
>
> The community vote for graduation can be found on the Woden dev list
> at:
> http://www.nabble.com/-results--Woden-Graduation-from-Incubation-Committer-Vote-tf4882592.html
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg24675.html>

Heh. Trying to slip Tuscany into this vote? :-P

+1 to graduate Woden into the Web Services project.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Paul Fremantle wrote:
> I agree that IBM's involvement in this project is large. However it is my
> *strong* belief that if IBM pulled out for some reason this codebase would
> continue to evolve and grow.

+1. If you want to do WSDL 2.0 stuff in Java this is the only game in town
yet AFAIK.

The only way this'll die is if WSDL 2.0 dies .. which I sincerely hope
will not happen since its *so much* better than crappy old WSDL 1.1.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

On Dec 5, 2007 3:57 AM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:

> On Monday 03 December 2007 23:09, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Here is my +1. Paul
>
> +1,
>
> With a note that IBM's contribution to the project *seems* to be a
> worryingly
> large proportion. I still vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will
> be
> able to deal with that if it becomes a problem. If Woden were seeking TLP,
> would probably not vote in favor.
>
> Now, get out of here... ;o)
>

> Cheers
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 5, 2007 3:57 AM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:

> On Monday 03 December 2007 23:09, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Here is my +1. Paul
>
> +1,
>
> With a note that IBM's contribution to the project *seems* to be a
> worryingly
> large proportion. I still vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will
> be
> able to deal with that if it becomes a problem. If Woden were seeking TLP,
> would probably not vote in favor.
>
> Now, get out of here... ;o)
>

> Cheers
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

+1 from me with the same sentiments as Niclas.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Monday 03 December 2007 23:09, Paul Fremantle wrote:
>
>> Here is my +1. Paul
>>

> +1,
>
> With a note that IBM's contribution to the project *seems* to be a worryingly
> large proportion. I still vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> able to deal with that if it becomes a problem. If Woden were seeking TLP, I
> would probably not vote in favor.
>
> Now, get out of here... ;o)
>

> Cheers

+1 echo'ing Niclas' concerns.

Bill

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 08 December 2007 16:20, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful graduation!

Excellent!

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Great! Thanks, Paul for running the vote.

Jeremy

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Yup. Let's discuss this on tomorrow's status call. I'd like to have Woden
moved and unpacked before the new year so we can usher in 2008 as part of
the WS project.

Lawrence

John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>
12/10/2007 05:49 AM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Thanks Paul. And thank you too Lawrence for getting the incubator status
file ready for graduation. I guess our next step is to move the Woden
infrastructure from Incubator to WS.

John Kaputin

Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> wrote on 10/12/2007 01:48:53:

> This is great news! Congratulations to everyone involved in Woden!
>
> Paul - Thanks for running the WS and Incubator votes.
>
> Lawrence
>

> "Paul Fremantle" <pz...@gmail.com>
> 12/08/2007 03:20 AM
> Please respond to
> general@incubator.apache.org

> general@incubator.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org,
> general@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC
>

> The vote has been running for 72 hours and therefore I call this vote:
>
> 8 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.
>
> +1s from:
>
> Paul Fremantle
> Yoav Shapira
> Kevan Miller
> Matthieu Riou
> Niclas Hedman
> Ant Elder
> Bill Stoddard
> Matt Hogstrom
>
> I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful
graduation!

> Paul
>

> On Dec 8, 2007 5:06 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> >
> > >  I still  vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> > > able to deal with that if it becomes a problem.
> >
> > My +1 ... same comments.

> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
This is great news! Congratulations to everyone involved in Woden!

Paul - Thanks for running the WS and Incubator votes.

Lawrence

"Paul Fremantle" <pz...@gmail.com>
12/08/2007 03:20 AM
Please respond to
general@incubator.apache.org

general@incubator.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org,
general@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

The vote has been running for 72 hours and therefore I call this vote:

8 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.

+1s from:

Paul Fremantle
Yoav Shapira
Kevan Miller
Matthieu Riou
Niclas Hedman
Ant Elder
Bill Stoddard
Matt Hogstrom

I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful graduation!

Paul

On Dec 8, 2007 5:06 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
> >  I still  vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> > able to deal with that if it becomes a problem.
>
> My +1 ... same comments.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
This is great news! Congratulations to everyone involved in Woden!

Paul - Thanks for running the WS and Incubator votes.

Lawrence

"Paul Fremantle" <pz...@gmail.com>
12/08/2007 03:20 AM
Please respond to
general@incubator.apache.org

general@incubator.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org,
general@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

The vote has been running for 72 hours and therefore I call this vote:

8 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.

+1s from:

Paul Fremantle
Yoav Shapira
Kevan Miller
Matthieu Riou
Niclas Hedman
Ant Elder
Bill Stoddard
Matt Hogstrom

I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful graduation!

Paul

On Dec 8, 2007 5:06 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
> >  I still  vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> > able to deal with that if it becomes a problem.
>
> My +1 ... same comments.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
This is great news! Congratulations to everyone involved in Woden!

Paul - Thanks for running the WS and Incubator votes.

Lawrence

"Paul Fremantle" <pz...@gmail.com>
12/08/2007 03:20 AM
Please respond to
general@incubator.apache.org

general@incubator.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org,
general@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

The vote has been running for 72 hours and therefore I call this vote:

8 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.

+1s from:

Paul Fremantle
Yoav Shapira
Kevan Miller
Matthieu Riou
Niclas Hedman
Ant Elder
Bill Stoddard
Matt Hogstrom

I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful graduation!

Paul

On Dec 8, 2007 5:06 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
> >  I still  vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> > able to deal with that if it becomes a problem.
>
> My +1 ... same comments.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
The vote has been running for 72 hours and therefore I call this vote:

8 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.

+1s from:

Paul Fremantle
Yoav Shapira
Kevan Miller
Matthieu Riou
Niclas Hedman
Ant Elder
Bill Stoddard
Matt Hogstrom

I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful graduation!

Paul

On Dec 8, 2007 5:06 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
> >  I still  vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> > able to deal with that if it becomes a problem.
>
> My +1 ... same comments.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
The vote has been running for 72 hours and therefore I call this vote:

8 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.

+1s from:

Paul Fremantle
Yoav Shapira
Kevan Miller
Matthieu Riou
Niclas Hedman
Ant Elder
Bill Stoddard
Matt Hogstrom

I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful graduation!

Paul

On Dec 8, 2007 5:06 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
> >  I still  vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> > able to deal with that if it becomes a problem.
>
> My +1 ... same comments.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

[RESULT][VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
The vote has been running for 72 hours and therefore I call this vote:

8 +1s, no 0s, no -1s.

+1s from:

Paul Fremantle
Yoav Shapira
Kevan Miller
Matthieu Riou
Niclas Hedman
Ant Elder
Bill Stoddard
Matt Hogstrom

I'd like to offer Woden my congratulations on their successful graduation!

Paul

On Dec 8, 2007 5:06 AM, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
> >  I still  vote +1 as I am convinced that the WS PMC will be
> > able to deal with that if it becomes a problem.
>
> My +1 ... same comments.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Dec 3, 2007 7:09 AM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On behalf of the Woden community, as one of the mentors, I ask the
> Incubator
> PMC to consider Woden's graduation into the WS PMC.
>
> The Woden community has voted for graduation, and the WS PMC has voted to
> accept the graduation.
>
> The status file is up-to-date and can be seen here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/woden.html
>
> The community has done 9 milestone releases within the incubator.
>
> The community vote for graduation can be found on the Woden dev list at:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-results--Woden-Graduation-from-Incubation-Committer-Vote-tf4882592.html
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg24675.html>
>
> The WS PMC result can be seen here:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-RESULT--Re:--vote--Woden-Graduation-from-Incubation-into-WS-Project-t4925094.html
>
> We invite everyone to vote to approve this proposal.

+1. Good luck :)

Matthieu

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Woden into the WS PMC

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Thanks for kicking off the vote Paul.

Lawrence

"Paul Fremantle" <pz...@gmail.com>