Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by tbt <na...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/17 10:10:49 UTC

dynamic url

Hi

I'm a newbie to wicket and I'm using a WebSession to log users into my
application. When navigating through the pages wicket generates a dynamic
url such as http://192.222.7.66:8080/oem?wicket:interface=wicket-1:0::

But if you copy this url and paste it in a seperate tab the inner page is
displayed. As a result users can view data without giving the username and
password. How can I stop this.

Thanks

Re: dynamic url

Posted by Alex Jacoby <ae...@isr.umich.edu>.
I'm new to wicket too, but my guess is that if you tried the URL in a
new browser entirely (or if you quit and re-opened your browser), the
URL wouldn't work any more.  New tabs still have all the cookies that
the old tabs have, which works out nicely in many cases.  They're
extensions of the current session, not new sessions.

Hope I understood your problem correctly,
Alex

Re: dynamic url

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
keep in mind this wont work if javascript is disabled

-igor

Re: dynamic url

Posted by tbt <na...@yahoo.com>.
I am overriding the onNewBrowserWindow method in my html page and added code
in the method body to show an error page when a new tab is opened. This is
working perfectly and looks like the solution for my problem. Thanks :)

Re: dynamic url

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: dynamic url

Posted by Michael Sparer <mi...@gmx.at>.
I really don't get your point. If there is content which only a selected
group of visitors should see, a role based authentication/authorization
would be appropriate.

But invalidating URLs after the first visit would be a filthy hack (correct
me if I'm wrong)

tbt wrote:

> I'm using wicket to develop an online exam system and its important that
> users dont open new tabs in the same browser and start answering different
> question papers. Is there a way to stop this with wicket.
>

> Michael Sparer wrote:
>>
>> Opening a different tab doesn't start a new session. You should try it
>> with different browsers and/or different machines.
>>

>> tbt wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm a newbie to wicket and I'm using a WebSession to log users into my
>>> application. When navigating through the pages wicket generates a
>>> dynamic url such as
>>> http://192.222.7.66:8080/oem?wicket:interface=wicket-1:0::
>>>
>>> But if you copy this url and paste it in a seperate tab the inner page
>>> is displayed. As a result users can view data without giving the
>>> username and password. How can I stop this.
>>>
>>> Thanks

-----
Michael Sparer
http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com