Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com> on 2017/04/06 16:48:44 UTC

Automated testing moving to python-installer

FYI,

The automated jenkins testing previously moved to python-installer on release2.1 branch.

Now that 2.1 fixes have migrated to master branch, it is now working for master branch. Today I will switch the master branch automated testing to use python-installer.

Bash installer is deprecated in 2.1 and I assume will be removed in 2.2.  It served us well and adapted to many changes, but we're moving on to the next generation tools.

(The test automation does still support the bash installer, just in case anyone needs to go back and make an official 2.0 patch release. I have not seen any 2.0.x activity lately, so I suspect it is a moot point.)

--Steve