Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Miguel Araújo <up...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/18 13:50:32 UTC

[statefun] [Question] Path Templating in statefun-flink-datastream API

Apologies if this would be a better fit for the user mailing list, but I
was unsure where to ask questions on (yet) unreleased functionality.

I was really happy when I realized that FLINK-20334
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-20334> was adding Path
Templating, but it seems to me that the possibility was not added to the
Data Stream API. I may be misunderstanding the codebase, but in
SerializableHttpFunctionProvider#48 the HttpFunctionProvider is always
instantiated with an empty map of perNamespaceEndpointSpecs, which would be
easy to change in the StatefulFunctionDataStreamBuilder.

Is there a reason this wasn't considered? Is there anything tricky that is
blocking this addition, or maybe path templating is not relevant for the
DataStream API and I'm not seeing the most appropriate way to achieve the
same goal?

Thanks,
Miguel

Re: [statefun] [Question] Path Templating in statefun-flink-datastream API

Posted by Miguel Araújo <up...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, created FLINK-21420
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-21420>.

Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tz...@apache.org> escreveu no dia sexta, 19/02/2021