Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2004/04/28 22:53:44 UTC

cocoon error in copyless

I get this when generating the static site in the copyless branch; it
works fine in the latest from the trunk.

cocoon 2.1.4
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Could not find
component (key [org.apache.
excalibur.source.SourceResolver])
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(ExcaliburComponent
Manager.java:279)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.lookup(CocoonComponentManager.java:30
2)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.compose(TreeProcessor.java:229)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.compose(ContainerUtil.java:211)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponen
tFactory.java:286)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeCom
ponentHandler.java:143)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(ExcaliburCompo
nentManager.java:558)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(CocoonComponentManager.jav
a:547)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:282)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:340)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:282)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(CocoonWrapper.java:186)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:132)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:349)
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
        at java.lang.Shutdown.remove(Shutdown.java:100)
        at java.lang.Runtime.removeShutdownHook(Runtime.java:216)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ProcessDestroyer.removeShutdownHook(ProcessDestroyer.java:1
16)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ProcessDestroyer.remove(ProcessDestroyer.java:186)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.execute(Execute.java:495)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.fork(Java.java:702)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:161)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:77)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:269)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Parallel$TaskRunnable.run(Parallel.java:420)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: cocoon error in copyless

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> I'm so stupid!

Dave, I call you "perfect beta tester" :-)

> Right after sending that email I thought "what happens
> if you don't build forrest at all?"  and of course... you get the error
> I was getting.  So on the other computer I was just trying to run
> forrest without ever building it.

If we ask our users to be more clever than a developer, we have a
problem. This is definately a bug, I'll check that forrest is built
before executing.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: cocoon error in copyless

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Dave Brondsema wrote:

>>> I had done that already.  Could it be a jdk version issue?
>>

>> The wierd thing is that IIUC it works with the trunk.
>> Does 'forrest run' also fail?
>> Does 'forrest site' fail also on the forrest documentation?
>>
>> :-/
>>

> It works fine on another computer with everything the same (including
> jdk 1.3).
>
> SVN behind a proxy was giving me some broken connections sometimes, but
> I thought had it all switched properly to the copyless branch.  I guess
> I'll blow it away and try again from scratch.

I'm so stupid!  Right after sending that email I thought "what happens

Re: cocoon error in copyless

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Re: cocoon error in copyless

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.