Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Fred Tsang <fr...@widelearning.com> on 2001/04/24 14:38:30 UTC

[C2] Could not load class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/sitemap_ xmap' - solaris 8 (sparc)

Hello,

Apologies for this exceptionally long description, but I'd really like to
get C2 working.  Using the same environment, but with JDK 1.2.1, I had an
alpha 4 build of cocoon working.  This build worked on both NT and Unix.

Current environment:
Sun Solaris 8 for Sparc
Apache 1.3.14
Tomcat 3.2.1
JDK 1.3.0_02

During a recent upgrade from JDK 1.2.1 to JDK 1.3.0_02, I've gotten this
error:

Could not load class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap_xmap

with the following stacktrace:

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not load
class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap_xmap
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.loadProg
ram(JavaLanguage.java:124)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguag
e.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:119)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generat
eResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:231)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:199)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:174)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

the cocoon jar used was cocoon-2.0a4.jar, but this was grabbed from a
nightly snapshot(id is 20010301).

note that in the work directory, sitemap_xmap.java file was compiled to
sitemap_xmap.class

Using the latest nightly build from yesterday, I get the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
Handler:org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language
Exception:org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not
load class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap

with the following Embedded stacktrace:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language
Exception:org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not
load class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:162)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:201)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not load
class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.loadProg
ram(JavaLanguage.java:127)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguag
e.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:136)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generat
eResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:243)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:159)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:201)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I think there may be some issues with the ProgramGeneratorImpl class on
Solaris 8 machines using JDK 1.3.0.  Has anyone else made a recent build
work using Solaris 8? Attached is the full exception html file.

Apologies in advance if this is something fairly obvious, but I've tried
several times now on both JDK 1.3.0 and JDK 1.3.0_02.  In all cases, I have
removed extra lines from WEB-INF/web.xml and replaced/removed all relevant
jar files.  I have also searched the newsgroup archives, but didn't find
anything for C2.

Many thanks in advance!
Fred