Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by doahh <ga...@prodia.co.uk> on 2009/01/07 17:59:35 UTC

The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is

I have a webservice attached to a web app that hasn't been used for a few
weeks but used to work perfectly. Now I am using it again and i am getting
the error:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation
not found is /services/ProsocWebService and the WSA Action = null
	at
org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(DispatchPhase.java:89)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:333)

I can still hit the wsdl and operations directly by going to:

http://prosoc:8080/services/ProsocWebService?wsdl
http://prosoc:8080/services/ProsocWebService/getProsocRootContextHttpAddressResponse

but my client can't get past the error.

I am using the ant codegen task to generate everything for me so all I have
to do (and can do) is call Java methods to access the service. Hence I am
unsure how to debug this as I don't know how to send an independent soap
message using something like TCPMon.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Re: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is

Posted by doahh <ga...@prodia.co.uk>.
I have fixed this now and it was nothing to do with Axis2. The error I was
seeing is always there if the operation is not added to the endpoint so that
was not actually a problem. My problem was simply that I had not assigned a
variable to my method call:

(if ....) callMyMethod();

rather than:

(if ....) myVariable = callMyMethod();

and so my code didn't work, I then managed to find that phantom error and
got sidetracked into thinking that was the problem.

Posted by doahh <ga...@prodia.co.uk>.
Sorry, I copied in a slightly different error message. The one my client is
getting is:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation
not found is /services/ProsocWebService.ProsocWebServiceHttpSoap12Endpoint/