Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Bruce Schuchardt <br...@vmware.com> on 2020/09/18 21:33:05 UTC

[PROPOSAL] backport GEM-8506 to support branches

This is a long-standing problem that we’d like to get into the support branches.  While the problem affects performance of transmission of large messages it also causes decryption problems with secure communications using TLSv1.3.  While folks can avoid the problem by using TLSv1.2 we would like everyone to be able to use the most up-to-date security algorithm.

The fix is isolated to the communications BufferPool class and its unit tests.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-8506

Re: [PROPOSAL] backport GEM-8506 to support branches

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>.
Dev list proposal is optional[1] at this time as there is not an active 1.12.1 or 1.13.1 release, so you are welcome to backport anytime without waiting for votes.

Thanks for sharing the particulars of this fix, it will be good to have in place if a support release is proposed.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/x/thread.html/rc049b767f995fbc25dd7b61c067cc61bd77e0b5ad94befbba876f98e@%3Cdev.geode.apache.org%3E

    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fbrowse%2FGEODE-8506&amp;data=02%7C01%7Conichols%40vmware.com%7Cf83e12c90f8c45738a8108d85c1a7631%7Cb39138ca3cee4b4aa4d6cd83d9dd62f0%7C0%7C0%7C637360616009381388&amp;sdata=6EgbMqS%2FO%2FGpubTMbv2UBVmfpiOtT1coOo3weTTguTQ%3D&amp;reserved=0