Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Zach Del <zs...@umich.edu> on 2002/06/03 16:58:13 UTC

Implementation: Scrollable JSVGCanvas

After finding no implementation of any scrolling (or scrollable)
JSVGCanvas, I have made my own. I know that there is at least some
interest in one, as someone on the list wanted such code a few months ago.

I just wanted to make the code available to anyone who wants it; it's
about 5k zipped (I'm not sure if I can attach it and send it over the
list? if so, I can do that). If anyone who uses it makes any
improvements or fixes any bugs, I would appreciate knowing about it.

It is very easy to use, and involves a drop-in replacement for
JSVGCanvas, called JSVGScrollCanvas, and a special JViewport (called
JSVGViewport) which handles the scrolling. All scrolling is done via
affine transforms, and peacefully coexists with tranformations such as
zooming and other actions such as shift-drag panning and control-drag
zooming. Usage instructions are contained in the Javadoc.

I've tested it under Batik 1.5rc2 only, but will probably work with
earlier versions. It does work with dynamic documents.

Zach

Re: Implementation: Scrollable JSVGCanvas

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Zach,

Thanks for being willing to share your code.

As a rule of thumb, it is better to post your file on a web site so
that people can have a look at it.

But if your file is small, I think it is ok to send it to the list
(people have sent fairly large raster images to this list and there were
not complaints, even though it should not start a trend :-).

Thanks!
Vincent.