Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Niclas Olofsson <gu...@acc.umu.se> on 2000/11/27 05:57:01 UTC

DeploymentDescriptor.PROVIDER_CORBA

Hi,

Totally new to this list and since I can't seem to find an archive I
suppose I just go a head and ask my question.

My goal here is to introduce dynamic marshalling of arbitrary services,
most evident right now, CORBA services. Even though I didn't find the
information I was looking for regarding the goal for Apache SOAP, it is
my understanding is that its primary focus is to provide an interface
between Java Beans and SOAP (over a set of transport protocols like
HTTP, SMTP/POP3, etc). If this isn't 100% correct, I doubt that it
matters for me right now :-)

I have spent the last couple of hours browsing through source and
examples trying to understand the architecture of the service, and after
doing so I have some questions.

1) Is it possible to, without serious hacking, introduce marshalling to
other services than thouse under package
org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.*? Browsing the source made me come to
an understanding that this is most likely not the case since the
marshalling depends on various hard-coded attributes and constants. Is
this correct?

2) If so, and if my understanding of the architechture is somewhat
correct, would it be of this communitys interest to recieve a proposal,
most probably acompanied by source too, for such a mechanism?

3) If not, is there interst in adding a CORBA marshalling (non-dynamic

Respectfully,
/Niclas
--
Niclas Olofsson - http://www.ismobile.com
Product Development, isMobile, Aurorum 2, S-977 75 LuleƄ, Sweden