Posted to users@maven.apache.org by huser <mp...@atxg.com> on 2009/08/10 18:32:11 UTC

maven deploy plugin

Hi,

I want to deploy a project POM file only. I added maven-deploy plugin as
follows. When I run

mvn dpeloy:deploy-file

It still complains about missing modules directories. I dont want to build
the modules. I want to generate the pom file only. How can I do this ?

	<parent>

		<groupId>com.abc</groupId>
		<artifactId>abc-parent</artifactId>
		<version>2.4</version>
	</parent>
	<groupId>com.abc.t3</groupId>
	<artifactId>t3</artifactId>
	<version>1.1</version>
	<packaging>pom</packaging>
	<name>ABC T3 </name>
	<build>

		<plugins>

	<plugin>
               <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
               <version>2.4</version>
	                </plugin>
		</plugins>

	</build>

Re: maven deploy plugin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM, huser<mp...@atxg.com> wrote:

> Here is what I added in the maven goal.
>
> -e deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=pom.xml
> -Durl=http://abc001.na.abcglobal.com:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases
> -DrepositoryId=releases -DgroupId=com.abc.t3 -DartifactId=t3 -Dversion=1.1
> -Dpackaging=pom
>
> But this creates incorrect 1.1 version of my project POM. I want to see the
> actual contents of pom.xml from my version control repository to get
> deployed to Nexus. Instead the resulting POM is

Try using -DpomFile=... on the command line.

You may need both -Dfile=... and -DpomFile=... to make it work right.
I haven't done this from the command line in a while.

I'd also check whether Nexus has a web form where you can upload
artifacts, that might be easier.

--
Wendy

Re: maven deploy plugin

Posted by huser <mp...@atxg.com>.
Here is what I added in the maven goal.

-e deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=pom.xml
-Durl=http://abc001.na.abcglobal.com:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases
-DrepositoryId=releases -DgroupId=com.abc.t3 -DartifactId=t3 -Dversion=1.1
-Dpackaging=pom

But this creates incorrect 1.1 version of my project POM. I want to see the
actual contents of pom.xml from my version control repository to get
deployed to Nexus. Instead the resulting POM is

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.abc.t3</groupId>
  <artifactId>t3</artifactId>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <version>1.1</version>
</project>
~

I was expecting that deploy-file will deploy the actual file i.e pom.xml in
this case.

What could be wrong here ?

Thanks,

Re: maven deploy plugin

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.
Tried
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html?
If no, try this. [?]

2009/8/10 huser <mp...@atxg.com>

> Hi,
>
> I want to deploy a project POM file only. I added maven-deploy plugin as
> follows. When I run
>
> mvn dpeloy:deploy-file
>
> It still complains about missing modules directories. I dont want to build
> the modules. I want to generate the pom file only. How can I do this ?
>
>        <parent>
>
>                <groupId>com.abc</groupId>
>                <artifactId>abc-parent</artifactId>
>                <version>2.4</version>
>        </parent>
>        <groupId>com.abc.t3</groupId>
>        <artifactId>t3</artifactId>
>        <version>1.1</version>
>        <packaging>pom</packaging>
>        <name>ABC T3 </name>
>        <build>
>
>                <plugins>
>
>        <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>               <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
>               <version>2.4</version>
>                        </plugin>
>                </plugins>
>
>        </build>