Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by William Leumas <le...@solv.com> on 2004/03/05 21:01:13 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_ldap (2.0.48) solaris shmem bug (bus error)

Just curious if this has been investigated or not?  Apparently using
mod_ldap since version 2.0.45 results with a bus error (at least in
solaris).  The problem lies in the shared memory (backed by file)
code, against /tmp/mod_ldap_cache.  One workaround of a sort is to
pre-create that file owned by root, mode 0, so apache cannot use it,
then things don't break.  I have done some debugging and isolated the
problem to the shared memory allocation and possible stack corruption.

Has this been reported before?  I found nothing in bugzilla, and would
like to forward my findings to somebody who is better able to
investigate this code?