Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "tarek.nabil" <ta...@isoft.ae> on 2005/04/04 09:02:50 UTC

Which version of Validator was shipped with Struts 1.1b2

Hi,

I'm using Oracle's BC4J framework which was shipped with JDeveloper
9.0.3.4 and I can not upgrade to newer versions. This frameworks
supports Struts 1.1b2 and not any other version. I'm currently facing a
problem with getting the validation framework to work in my application
and I need to debug using the source code.

My problem is, I can not determine exactly which version of
commons-validator shipped with Struts 1.1b2. I tried almost all the
versions on the distribution site and there's a mismatch between all of
them and the JAR file that shipped with Struts 1.1b2. Unfortunately, the
manifest file in the JAR doesn't say anything :(

I really need to determine the version and also get my hands on the
source code. I'm having a problem with the fact that some of the older
source code is being taken off the arhive.apache.org site. For example,
Struts 1.1b2 is not on the site and if the source wasn't shipped with
JDeveloper I wouldn't have been able to get my hands on it.
Unfortunately, the source of the dependencies is not shipped with
JDeveloper.

Please help.

Tarek Nabil

Re: Which version of Validator was shipped with Struts 1.1b2

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
IIRC, at the time when struts 1.1b2 was released, struts was bundling
commons jars built from tagged sources.  There is a tag named
STRUTS_1_1_B2 in the validator sources. If you check out the source
files using this tag, you should get the sources corresponding to what
was bundled with struts 1.1b2.

Can one of the struts committers pls confirm this?  Also, is there an
svn way to grab these sources or should they be checked out from the
old cvs repo?

Phil