Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Stephen O'Donnell <so...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/12 15:46:31 UTC

[VOTE] - Merge Decommission and Maintenance (HDDS-1880)

Following on from the discussion thread, I would like to call a vote on
whether we should merge HDDS-1880 into master. This feature will enable
decommission and maintenance mode for datanodes. The feature is working,
but more work is needed to improve the usability etc. I feel the feature is
stable and self contained enough to continue that work on the master branch
now

The overall design is under HDDS-1880 and there is a summary of the
internals also attached to that Jira.

A PR for the merge is here:

https://github.com/apache/ozone/pull/1580

I will try to keep the PR up-to-date if any conflicts arise.

From the discussion thread, I can carry over 1 +1 from Marton Elek to get
us started.

As it may take some time to review the large PR I will let the vote run for
14 days, closing at midnight GMT on 26th November.

Please ask any questions here, on the PR or on ASF Slack.

Thanks,

Stephen.

Re: [VOTE] - Merge Decommission and Maintenance (HDDS-1880)

Posted by Stephen O'Donnell <so...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks to everyone who has looked at this so far.

We have 4 +1's and my own +1 = 5.

Unless anyone objects before the vote closes on Thursday we should be good
to merge the branch on Friday of this week.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Repeating my +1.

Posted by Shashikant Banerjee <sb...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Thanks
Shashi

Posted by "Lin, Yiqun" <yi...@ebay.com.INVALID>.

From: Vivek Ratnavel <vi...@apache.org>
Date: Friday, November 13, 2020 at 2:36 AM
To: dev@ozone.apache.org <de...@ozone.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] - Merge Decommission and Maintenance (HDDS-1880)

Posted by Vivek Ratnavel <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 to merge

Posted by Sammi Chen <sa...@apache.org>.
+1.

Thanks Stephen and Marton.  It's great to have this feature available.

Bests,
Sammi

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:46 PM Stephen O'Donnell