Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by shirely <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/10 02:50:05 UTC

how async support can improve read and write performance

Well, I am testing the read and write performance between ignite and redis. I
found that redis has a pipelined method that improve performance a lot. Is
there anything like redis pipelined in ignite??  I tried async but the
performance didn't change, maybe there is something wrong? would you please
give me some suggestions ?

Re: how async support can improve read and write performance

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Pipelined method looks like a simple batching. In Ignite you can do the same
with putAll() and getAll() which will minimize the number of network
messages where possible. For loading large amounts of data you can also use
data streamer:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-streamers#ignitedatastreamer

-Val