Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Michael J McCafferty <mi...@m5hosting.com> on 2016/02/03 10:06:45 UTC

Object Storage as Secondary Storage

Hi All,
	We currently use NFS storage for Secondary Storage, but are going to be
adding Object Storage in our data centers. I am interested in the
possibility of putting the current secondary storage on a replicated
object storage for several reasons. I have questions:

	Is there a migration path from using NFS based secondary storage to
using Object Storage. What is it? Is anyone using object storage for
secondary storage? Is anyone using Cloudian object storage specifically
or some other?

	Any special consideration to be aware of when using object storage with
CloudStack?

	Can snapshots and templates be in different buckets? (Want to apply
different replication rules for each)

	Any experience that can be shared would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Mike

Michael J. McCafferty

Re: Object Storage as Secondary Storage

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.
We can migrate to Object storage from NFS. In this case the existing NFS
storage would act as a staging secondary storage. Whenever we use any
storage artifacts for the first time after adding S3 based object storage,
CS would be automatically move them to object storage.
Here is the FS for more details
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Migration+of+NFS+Secondary+Storage+to+Object+Store#

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hello Michael,