Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shi Yu <sh...@uchicago.edu> on 2011/07/02 01:24:22 UTC

hadoop 0.20.203.0 Java Runtime Environment Error

I had difficulty upgrading applications from Hadoop 0.20.2 to Hadoop
0.20.203.0.

The standalone mode runs without problem.  In real cluster mode, the
program freeze at map 0% reduce 0% and there is only one attempt  file
in the log directory. The only information is contained in stdout file :

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGFPE (0x8) at pc=0x00002ae751a87b83, pid=5801, tid=1076017504
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ld-linux-x86-64.so.2+0x7b83]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid5801.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

(stderr and syslog are empty)

So what is the problem in ld-linux-x86-64.so.2+0x7b83 ?

The program I was testing uses identity Mapper and Reducer, and the
input file is a single 1M plain text file.   Then I found several hs_err
logs under the default directory of hadoop, I attach the log file in
this email.

The reason I upgrade from 0.20.2 is I had lots of disk check error when
processing TB data when the disks still have plenty of space. But then I
was stuck at getting a simple toy problem to work in 0.20.203.0.

Shi

Re: hadoop 0.20.203.0 Java Runtime Environment Error

Posted by Shi Yu <sh...@uchicago.edu>.
Thanks Edward! I upgraded to 1.6.0_26 and it worked.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.