Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sL07 <lu...@asteriski.com> on 2006/05/24 09:51:44 UTC

WAR deployment failing

hi all,

i have downloaded the ActiveMQ4.0 and followed instructions to deploy to
serlvet container. However the following exception is thrown
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.activemq.web.

it seems that the web.xml is incomplete.

I have found other messages on this topic but there solution of using the
org.apache.activemq.web.SpringBrokerContextListener is also not found.
Looking throw the jars there is no org.apache.activemq.web package!

So what is the correct entry in the web.xml?

any help appreciated

-lp

Re: WAR deployment failing

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.
Hi,

It appears activemq-web.jar was not included in the distro. Try adding the
the activemq-web.jar
(http://people.apache.org/repository/incubator-activemq/jars/) to your
WEB-INF/lib and use  org.apache.activemq.web.SpringBrokerContextListener as
your listener in your web.xml.

You will also need to copy the ff. jars to your WEB-INF/lib  :
        lib\optional\spring-1.2.6.jar
        lib\optional\xbean-spring-2.2.jar

Btw, a fix has already been checkin if you're going to be building from the
trunk.

Regards,
Jonas