Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Szarvas, Attila (Nokia - HU/Budapest)" <at...@nokia-bell-labs.com> on 2016/07/22 09:51:06 UTC

Releasing a Scala API for Mesos

Hello,

I am working for Nokia Bell Labs and we have been experimenting with Mesos, and we had really good impressions while interacting with it from a Scala project.

We have separated the parts responsible for interfacing with Mesos from Scala and now releasing it as a library.
http://github.com/nokia/mesos-scala-api

It builds on top of the Java API and provides an idiomatic way of interacting with Mesos, notably providing reactive event streams preferable to the callback based Java API.

Beyond the scheduler and scheduler driver API, it also contains an easy to use framework implementation. In as much as 30 lines of code one can connect to a Mesos master, launch a task, observe events pertaining to it, and disconnect after successful execution.

We'd love to hear any feedback you might have about it, whether it may be of use to you, or if you could imagine it as part of an official distribution of Mesos.

We are happy to answer your questions.
Attila Szarvas - attila.szarvas@nokia-bell-labs.com
Daniel Urban - daniel.urban@nokia-bell-labs.com

Best regards,

Attila Szarvas
Research Engineer
Nokia Bell Labs, Budapest

Re: Releasing a Scala API for Mesos

Posted by Attila Szarvas <at...@nokia-bell-labs.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion, I've sent the pull request.

--
Br,
Attila Szarvas

Re: Releasing a Scala API for Mesos