Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/12/07 00:24:29 UTC

Problem with WS Commons

I found a problem in XmlSchema which I'd like to fix but found that I
don't have access to the repository. This lead me to what I think is a
larger problem with the WS Commons projects. There is no information about
these projects on the WS site, no bug tracking system, no regular builds,
and no developers (publically) committed to this code.

If we're to continue to have WS commons projects I'd like to suggest that
either these be transformed into WS projects with their own sites, jira,
etc., or that a page be added to the WS site that explains these common
projects and provides references to the projects that own these common
projects. (I'd still like to see public builds of these projects that
other projects, such as Woden, can depend on.)

Comments? Is someone already looking into some of these issues? If I'm way
off here because I've missed some information please correct me. If this
is the case we may just need to make the information more visible.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Perfect!!! thanks.

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Perfect!!! thanks.

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
What error are you getting?
Are you using https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/commons/trunk/XmlSchema
as the subversion url? and using your id instead of anonymous?

Sorry some pretty dumb questions I know but they've caught me out before.

Jeremy

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <jp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Lawrence,

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Lawrence,

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Dims,

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Dims,

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Lawrence,

Re: Problem with WS Commons

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Lawrence Mandel wrote:

> I found a problem in XmlSchema which I'd like to fix but found that I
> don't have access to the repository. This lead me to what I think is a
> larger problem with the WS Commons projects. There is no information
> about these projects on the WS site, no bug tracking system, no
> regular builds, and no developers (publically) committed to this code.
>
> If we're to continue to have WS commons projects I'd like to suggest
> that either these be transformed into WS projects with their own
> sites, jira, etc., or that a page be added to the WS site that
> explains these common projects and provides references to the projects
> that own these common projects. (I'd still like to see public builds
> of these projects that other projects, such as Woden, can depend on.)
>
> Comments? Is someone already looking into some of these issues? If I'm
> way off here because I've missed some information please correct me.
> If this is the case we may just need to make the information more
> visible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lawrence Mandel
I totally agree on your comments. When I had an issue with the XmlSchema
stuff I just filed a jira issue under Axis2. I think the ws-commons
definitely needs both a website, jira, and mailing list. Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC