Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2008/02/28 08:17:43 UTC

3rd party draft update status

Based on the mails I've been starring over the last year or so, here's
the status of discussed changes to the 3rd party draft. I'll go
through the archives more to pick up others as I'm sure I didn't star
them all.

Sam - how do you want to manage these? Should I start recording this
in the wiki?

=-=-=
Category A:

FSF autoconf license [Hiram + httpd]
http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/License [Harmony]
AFL
jEdit syntax [Batik - with open question on how to make modifications]
http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0/license.txt [Tuscany]
OOXML xsd ECMA License [POI; with related note on OSP somewhere]

Category X:

JavaCC generated code from an LGPL grammar [Harmony]
LGPL 3, GPL 3, AGPL 3
OSL

Open Questions:

Yahoo! Web Search service [Tuscany]
Python license [James OpenSPF]
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 [James OpenSPF]
EPL modification use case [Marshall Schor's question on RCP]
MPL FCKEditor [Cocoon]
concurrent library - PD, but bit of Sun code makes it debatable [Geronimo]
Ruby license [Matthieu]
LGPL [servicemix jboss plugin]

Re: 3rd party draft update status

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
> Based on the mails I've been starring over the last year or so, here's
>  the status of discussed changes to the 3rd party draft. I'll go
>  through the archives more to pick up others as I'm sure I didn't star
>  them all.
>
>  Sam - how do you want to manage these? Should I start recording this
>  in the wiki?

That would be most excellent.  I may even have a few to add (e.g., W3C
Document and Code License).

My approach to wikis is that pages are not in scarce supply.  When you
have a new topic, create a new page.  Add copious links whenever
possible.  A page consisting of a list can be unbounded, a page
introducing a concept should not be.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Henri Yandell ha scritto:
> Based on the mails I've been starring over the last year or so, here's
> the status of discussed changes to the 3rd party draft. I'll go
> through the archives more to pick up others as I'm sure I didn't star
> them all.
>
> Sam - how do you want to manage these? Should I start recording this
> in the wiki?

Good report! yes, please, record this in the wiki, so they won't be lost
in the mailing list archive! I'm very surprised (and happy) that someone
(you) the 2 jSPF issues (for the record it is JAMES jSPF and not OpenSPF)

Thank you,
Stefano