Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Mokkapati, Bhargav (Nokia - IN/Chennai)" <bh...@nokia.com> on 2017/11/13 11:16:23 UTC

Securing Cassandra database

Hi Team,

We are using Apache Cassandra 3.0.13 version.

As part of Cassandra database security, we have created database super user authentication, but from driver side we have default cql connection syntax as "cqlsh <ip address>" not like "cqlsh <ip address> -u username and -p password". So cqlsh connection failing from application side.

So we have choosen a firewall method to limit the access to Cassandra database with system IP address ranges.

Suggest us If any other better method than IP address firewall to create a security  for Cassandra.

Thanks,
Bhargav

Re: Securing Cassandra database

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
You can pass in login/password from the client side and encrypt the client
/ cassandra connection...