Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 00:53:26 UTC

deploying with maven and a production control/release management group?

I was wondering if and how people are doing war deployments in a setup where you have a production control group that deploys the war to your qa and production servers (tomcat, for example).

It seems to me that you could have them use maven with the cargo plugin.  But how do they get the pom.xml; check it out of scm and then run maven with it?  And do you have a separate project that's just for doing the deployment?