Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ananth Gundabattula <ag...@threatmetrix.com> on 2012/09/04 05:01:51 UTC

configure KeyCahce to use Non-Heap memory ?

Is there any way I can configure KeyCahce to use Non-Heap memory ?

We have large memory nodes :  ~96GB memory per node and effectively using only  8 GB configured for heap ( to avoid GC issues because of a large heap)

We have a constraint with respect to :

 1.  Row cache models don't reflect our data query patterns and hence can only optimize on the key cache
 2.  Time constrained to change our schema to be more NO-SQL specific

Regards,
Ananth

Re: configure KeyCahce to use Non-Heap memory ?

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
The hit rate is pretty low

> 0.451 recent hit rate,

A bigger cache would not help too much.