Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/06/29 06:45:01 UTC

[HEADS UP] Preparing Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 / 5.17.0.RC1

Hi guys,

I’ve been busy with relocation but now almost back in the business.

I’m working on the ActiveMQ 5.16.3 release preparation, I’m on OSGi/Karaf features improvements right now, and also some dependencies updates.

I hope to be able to submit the release to vote end of next week.

In the mean time, I will update the log4j2 update on the main branch, heading to 5.17.0.RC1.
I think a first RC could be available by mid July.

I will keep you posted.

Regards
JB

Re: [HEADS UP] Preparing Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 / 5.17.0.RC1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

just a quick new update about releases preparation. I'm still testing
the latest changes/PR for 5.16.3. I've detected a couple of minor fixes
to do, I will do it during the weekend and early next week.

I'm on the plan to submit 5.16.3 on vote by the end of next week.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [HEADS UP] Preparing Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 / 5.17.0.RC1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [HEADS UP] Preparing Apache ActiveMQ 5.16.3 / 5.17.0.RC1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

as discussed on this thread, 5.16.3 will be submitted to vote tomorrow.
I finished this release preparation.

I would like to take a new look on AMQ-7470 today, but as it's not easy
to identify/reproduce, I might postpone the investigation for 5.16.4.

I also have feedback about security enforcement we added (in ActiveMQ
5.15.13), which can cause unmarshalling issue, but I don't have lot of
details for now.

I will keep you posted.

Regards
JB