Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Christopher Garwood <cg...@cs.man.ac.uk> on 2004/04/10 17:49:50 UTC

problem with running the Example1 programme

Hi,

I'm brand new to Xindice and am having a problem which I suspect might only
be with the setup rather than the tool itself.  I've had a little trouble
getting the Example1 programme running (found in
xml-xindice-1.0/java/examples/guide/src/org/apache/xindice/example directory
after you download).  I'm getting a series of errors, the first three of
which I'm sure are causing the others.  It's saying that org.xmldb.api.base,
org.xmldb.api.modules, and org.xmldb.api don't exist.  I've moved all
possible jar files into my classpath but it still looks as though it isn't
recognizing them.  Do I need to do anything else to get this working?  I'm
using jdk 1.4 and tomcat 5.  I'm sure it's one of those solutions that will
be perfectly obvious once someone shows me.  Any assistance is much
appreciated.  Thanks.

Chris.

RE: problem with running the Example1 programme

Posted by Christopher Garwood <cg...@cs.man.ac.uk>.
Hi,

Have figured this one out.  Seems I overlooked the top line of the script
identifying the package for the file - yes, I feel silly :).  Thanks.

Chris.