Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/01/11 19:28:29 UTC

[HEADSUP] Views (v1) plugin will be removed

Hi all,

I am going to remove the views v1 plugins:
- org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
- org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
and all documentation about v1 that is not historical.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [HEADSUP] Views (v1) plugin will be removed

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Kevin wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 19:28 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I am going to remove the views v1 plugins:
>>- org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
>>- org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
>>and all documentation about v1 that is not historical.
>>
>>salu2

> Suggest removing views.sh with v1 removal.

Thanks for the reminder.

> Will this contract list plugin be in etc/structurer.sh and
> new Dispatcher?

the contract list plugin doesn't exist anymore, it's built into the
themer plugin.

Ross

Re: [HEADSUP] Views (v1) plugin will be removed

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mié, 11-01-2006 a las 19:34 +0000, Kevin escribió:
> On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 19:28 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am going to remove the views v1 plugins:
> > - org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
> > - org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
> > and all documentation about v1 that is not historical.
> >
> > salu2
>
> I tracked down my previous 'forrest site' error
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> Unknown component type 'string-template-parsers' at
> file:/usr/local/java/forrest/main/webapp/./WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-
> core.xconf:55:28
>
> I did do a clean build but used
>
> etc/views.sh
>
> to local-deploy
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls
>
> Suggest removing views.sh with v1 removal.

Yes and the ls plugin. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

> Will this contract list plugin be in etc/structurer.sh and
> new Dispatcher?

No, it is incorporate in the themer/structurer and need as well a
rewrite like Ross pointed out. From now one you will "just" need 2
plugins.

salu2

Posted by Kevin <fo...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>.
On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 19:28 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am going to remove the views v1 plugins:
> - org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
> - org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
> and all documentation about v1 that is not historical.
>
> salu2

I tracked down my previous 'forrest site' error

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Unknown component type 'string-template-parsers' at
file:/usr/local/java/forrest/main/webapp/./WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-
core.xconf:55:28

I did do a clean build but used

etc/views.sh

to local-deploy
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls

Suggest removing views.sh with v1 removal.

Will this contract list plugin be in etc/structurer.sh and
new Dispatcher?

Kevin