Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mayank Lambhate <ma...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/08/26 12:27:32 UTC

UI improvement for tables in OFBiz

Hello All,

The tables used in OFBiz currently don`t have any standard for defining the
alignment of data inside the tables. IMO, following are the points relevant
to alignment of data in tables -

   1. Numeric data (Right Aligned)
   2. Non-Numeric (Left Aligned)
   3. Table headers to be aligned with the data.

Also, the names of classes used for aligning data are a bit confusing. We
can come up with more generic names of the classes, also we can define
certain classes that could be specific to the alignment of data inside
tables.

Please let me know what you think about this.

Thanks and Regards

*Mayank Lambhate* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

Re: UI improvement for tables in OFBiz

Posted by Mayank Lambhate <ma...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks for your insights Jagpreet.

I will surely work on it.

Thanks and Regards,

--

*Mayank Lambhate* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

Posted by Jagpreet Kaur <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Mayank,

Posted by Mayank Lambhate <ma...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Nitish,

Posted by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques/List ,

Further,  for mini/micro applications that absorb relatively less update
information from teams on move  (say e.g. opportunity status update from
front-line sales team, status update from delivery courier fleet etc) it
makes
sense to use bootstrap/equivalent .

But i feel such application development can mostly by done
by teams implementing ofbiz in organisations rather than being
a part of ofbiz itself as Ofbiz already provides excellent framework
for interfacing.

regds
mallah.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:48 AM, Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nitish ,

Posted by Nitish Mishra <ni...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Taher,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Great idea, thanks Taher!

Posted by Mayank Lambhate <ma...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello,

I agree with Deepak that we can define our own CSS classes based on the
context and we can take the names from fieldtype*.xml.

I think once this is done, we can proceed with the comparison for UI
frameworks to be used and the CSS classes would remain the same.

I have created a ticket for the same.

*Mayank Lambhate* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Mayank,

Posted by Mayank Lambhate <ma...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Jacques, All,

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Michael, All,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
I feel the same while exploring Ofbiz screens.
Good Initiative, +1  from my side.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

Posted by Swapnil Mane <sw...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
That sounds great Mayank. I like the idea.

Best regards,
Pranay Pandey
www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co