Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "J. Bakshi" <jo...@infoservices.in> on 2009/09/23 16:21:35 UTC

[users@httpd] what is the signature of FlashGot download manager

Hello list,

could anyone suggest the server access signature of FlashGot ( firefox
downloamanager ) ? I am running my site at a hosting place where I can't
access apache log And I like to prevent FlashGot . I have already tried
with the following in .htaccess

```
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^FlashGot [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^flashgot [OR]
RewriteRule ^.* - [F,L]
````
but no success.  Any clue about the flashgot signature ?

thanks

Re: [users@httpd] what is the signature of FlashGot download manager

Posted by Nick Cooper <ni...@jdi-solutions.co.uk>.
2009/9/23 J. Bakshi <jo...@infoservices.in>

> Hello list,
>
> could anyone suggest the server access signature of FlashGot ( firefox
> downloamanager ) ? I am running my site at a hosting place where I can't
> access apache log And I like to prevent FlashGot . I have already tried
> with the following in .htaccess
>
> ```
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^FlashGot [OR]
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^flashgot [OR]
> RewriteRule ^.* - [F,L]
> ````
> but no success.  Any clue about the flashgot signature ?
>
> thanks

It should use the same user agent string as firefox, I know flashget uses an
IE user-agent.

You could setup a simple script to check on your server, if you have php,
create a php script with echo $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']; and point
flashgot at it.