Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jonny Pony <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/05 16:14:42 UTC

Build minimal Fop.jar

Hi,

I want to build a minimal fop.jar that suits my needs.

What I do:
- I'm converting XML to PDF using XSLT and XSL-FO.
- I'm including an image.
- I'm adding extra fonts to fop, using a configuration-file.

So why do I need a viewer, etc..

My aim is to reduce the size of this jar as far as possible for my needs.
Is there a good tutorial on this which explains the contents of this
package?

Since I need the batik.jar (which is really big) for running FOP, does
anybody know what I could cut out of this jar.

Thanks
Jonny

Re: Build minimal Fop.jar

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
While this post may not answer your specific question, these threads
started by rday might help you pare down some of the "bulk" (if you can
call it that). Keep in mind, that I believe rday was trying to rid his
system of unnecessary "ancillary" jars, and *not* fop.jar:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=105891133706990&w=2

This post also attempts to sum this up (with follow-up remarks):

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=105891987714208&w=2

Be sure to read each thread in its entirety though, as the responses by
the list heavies are enlightening!

If you go "digging" and come up with a pared down fop.jar yourself
(that works!), please report back on your findings, so others may
benefit!

Web Maestro Clay

p.s. At some point in the future, some of this information (including
any follow-up you provide) might find its way into the docs!