Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/02/28 07:31:19 UTC

StopGap Release?

Hi,

Would anyone mind if I put together another alpha release on
java.apache.org before finally moving everything to jakarta ? The reason is
that a number of peeps have been bugging me for a source drop and this is a
good way to give it ;) I don't really have the time to finish the
documentation and then place it on jakarta website yet. After the release I
will finish the move to jakarta and make sure everything on java.apache.org
points to correct place.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: StopGap Release?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/27/01 11:47 PM, "Peter Donald" <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> eek ! When did this happen ? You should prolly mention when you do this as
> the jakarta website was not finished ;) I fixed it and it should be as
> right as rain again. I also moved the dists into right location for jakarta
> (/build/avalon/release)

It happened about a week ago. I have been so damn busy moving all the sites
off w-d.com that I might not have been the best communicator.

I need to get everything moved off of w-d.com ASAP. TONS of work.

> fixed in CVS - will reach the web next release. Would it be useful if the
> style was placed in jakarta-site2 CVS or just keep it in Avalon ?

it is up to you.

-jon

Re: StopGap Release?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 11:01  27/2/01 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>Because: Everything is already on the Jakarta site and there are redirects
>enabled.
>
>http://java.apache.org/avalon/(.*) -> http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/$1

eek ! When did this happen ? You should prolly mention when you do this as
the jakarta website was not finished ;) I fixed it and it should be as
right as rain again. I also moved the dists into right location for jakarta
(/build/avalon/release)

>What really needs to be done:
>
>#1. have Avalon linked into the main Jakarta navigation.

will do.

>#2. links from sidenav on java.apache.org changed to be target="_top"

done.

Re: StopGap Release?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/27/01 10:31 PM, "Peter Donald" <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> Would anyone mind if I put together another alpha release on
> java.apache.org before finally moving everything to jakarta ? The reason is
> that a number of peeps have been bugging me for a source drop and this is a
> good way to give it ;) I don't really have the time to finish the
> documentation and then place it on jakarta website yet. After the release I
> will finish the move to jakarta and make sure everything on java.apache.org
> points to correct place.

-1

#1. have Avalon linked into the main Jakarta navigation.
#2. links from sidenav on java.apache.org changed to be target="_top"

Both of these things are stuff that either Fede or Peter or whomever steps
up can do right now. If not, let me know.

Also, it would be nice if the Avalon look and feel more closely matched the
one for the main Jakarta project. The <hr> is missing from the bottom of the
page and the top <hr> is a black line...should be: <hr noshade="" size="1"/>
Also, the colors need fixing to match the main jakarta colors.

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>