Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by hongphu8790 <ho...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/07 13:23:07 UTC

Building a system with Apache ActiveMQ and MQTT protocol for large number of devices?

I'm building a system with large devices using ActiveMQ and MQTT protocol,
the model which i'm using on standalone server contains 2 applications as
follows:

App1: Enterprise app received messages from large number of device: Devices
publish to server through topic every 3 minutes: [Devices] --- MQTT protocol
--> [ActiveMQ] --- Openwire protocol --> [Glassfish with EJB using MDB to
subscribe topic] --> Oracle DB

App2: Enterprise app scan command from Oracle DB and send to large number of
device: Every device subscribe a unique topic like: device.0000001, then
server will publish to this topic when have command from server for device
[Large number of devices] <--- MQTT --- [ActiveMQ] <--- Openwire --
[Glassfish with EJB timer scan and publish] <-- Oracle DB <-- Web with
commands

You can help me about the enterprise model to support large number of
devices using multi-servers? The temporary solution for App1: i'm using
random a server from list ActiveMQ servers to connect and publish message.
And every sever, i'm deploy standalone ActiveMQ and App1 to subscribe
messages.

But the App2: I'm building only 1 server to scan and publish message.

The question for that the best model which server can to publish to ActiveMQ
which device connect to? Can convert message topic to queue then using
network of brokers and multi App1 to handle unique message? You can help me
more solution for this system?

Thanks in advance!