Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Becky Phaneuf <PH...@wapa.gov> on 2002/12/16 23:52:59 UTC

can't get w2k tomcat service running again

I installed 4.1.16 on a new server (with NT/2K start-as-service option)
and did some tweaking (enabled SSL, uncommented servlet invoker,
etc...).

While I was tweaking I stopped the service because was easier to
start/stop via the batch files for quick debugging).

When I finished debugging, and tomcat was running normally, I shut down
the server and attempted to start it again as a service, but it would
not start. The error message was something like "cannot start - service
does not return an error".

Anyone seen this before? I'm running 2000 Server. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-B

Re: can't get w2k tomcat service running again

Posted by Gary Gwin <to...@cafesoft.com>.
Becky,

We use the Java Wrapper Service at:

    http://wrapper.sourceforge.net/doc/english/index.html

In addition to working cross platform (Windows NT and Unix), you can
test the service from the command line before and after  installing it.
They supply sample configurations for Tomcat.

Gary

http://www.cafesoft.com

*                                                               *
*   The Cafesoft Access Management System, Cams, is security    *
*   software that provides single sign-on authentication and    *
*   centralized access control for Apache, Tomcat, and custom   *
*   resources.                                                  *

Re: can't get w2k tomcat service running again

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
That's usually a configuration error.

See what the Tomcat logs tell you.

/mde/