Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Bhargava Vadlamani <bh...@umail.iu.edu> on 2017/05/21 03:46:45 UTC

Reg Development of Pip package for Apache Airavata installation

Hello,

I have written a python script to install dependencies and PGA on Mac Systems.However, I would like to extend the script to install the same on ubuntu systems.Since I have placed all the necessary configurations (like apache server configs, php, mcrypt, pga, mysql) in a resources.xml file, I believe that a simple extension for the xml file would do the job in ubuntu systems as well where systems choose ubuntu related configurations and commands.

Added, I am planning to write a pip package which would say something like “pip install airavata” for installation in Ubuntu and Mac OS X systems.The reason to choose pip was to make it more generalized and platform independent over homebrew.

Please let me know suggestions/comments reg this.

Thank you

Bhargava Vadlamani

Re: Reg Development of Pip package for Apache Airavata installation

Posted by Bhargava Vadlamani <bh...@umail.iu.edu>.
Suresh,

I will update the code in my github repository and update you with the link.

Than you

Posted by Bhargava Vadlamani <bh...@umail.iu.edu>.
Hello,

The code repo is located in the repository https://github.com/coderfender/Apache_Airavata_Installer <https://github.com/coderfender/Apache_Airavata_Installer> .The current script works well in my Mac OS Sierra.I am having some issues in booting Ubuntu into my Virtual Box VM and once I fix them ,I will make the necessary changes to the script for Ubuntu support.I believe I should do some minor code changes , refactoring and  documentation/comments for the code to be clear, self explanatory and stable which I am planning to do finish by the early next week.

Thank you

Bhargava Vadlamani

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Bhargava,

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
On May 22, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Bhargava Vadlamani <bh...@umail.iu.edu>> wrote:

@Marcus, I will try to get hold of some possible names for the package.Can we go with the name airavata-pga-install for the dev purposes?

Sounds good to me.

Re: Reg Development of Pip package for Apache Airavata installation

Posted by Bhargava Vadlamani <bh...@umail.iu.edu>.
Hello,

Posted by "Heiland, Randy" <he...@iu.edu>.

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.