Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Raghunandan S <ca...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/22 06:50:30 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.2(RC1) release

Hi

I submit the Apache CarbonData 1.5.2 (RC1) for your vote.

1.Release Notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12344321

    Some key features and improvements in this release:

   1. Presto Enhancements like supporting Hive metastore and stabilising
existing Presto features

   2. Supported Range sort for faster data loading and improved point query
performance.

   3. Supported Compaction for no-sort loaded segments

   4. Supported rename of column names

   5. Supported GZIP compressor for CarbonData files.

   6. Supported map data type from DDL.

[Behavior Changes]

   1. If user doesn’t specify sort columns during table creation, default
sort scope is set to no-sort during data loading

 2. The tag to be voted upon : apache-carbondata-1.5.2-rc1 (commit:

a8235fa3dd2d73497b6a9b7c57fd78fe589cd0cf)

https://github.com/apache/carbondata/releases/tag/apache-carbondata-1.5.2-rc1

3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/1.5.2-rc1/

4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1037/

5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:

*https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/raghunandan.asc*

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.2,  The vote

will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of

at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.2

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Raghunandan.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.2(RC1) release

Posted by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com>.
-1, IMO, it better include PR#3082, PR#3089, PR#3090 in version 1.5.2.