Posted to users@flex.apache.org by eduardo12fox <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/19 00:37:04 UTC

Design view for Flash Builder 4.7

Someone known whether afford to Enable Design Mode no FB OR 4.7 Other
development environment?

Re: Design view for Flash Builder 4.7

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
I tried for about a week to enable design view in FB 4.7 but to no avail. I
found properties and turned them on and still nothing changed.

I've been working on radiate for way too long now, www.radii8.com. The
desktop version is coming along. It's main feature is that you can mock
something up quickly with drag and drop, setting properties and styles, and
work with grouping and layers. It shows you the code for your layout as you
go.

There has been a lot of work and problems like the cursor not working in
code editors or slow syntax highlighting, plus handling anything more than
basic MXML. It's been getting better though.

My main goal was to easily see changes and build layouts for my Flex apps.
It THEN changed when I didn't want to write the code for a website. I
thought it would be easy to translate the MXML to HTML. ... .... .... ....
It now supports mildly accurate HTML export. I'm hoping to draw the HTML
developers because their life is shit sometimes. I've also tried to
integrate WordPress into it for saving and loading projects online, user
management and creating themes. That's going pretty good. These are things
that I will find useful and maybe others I don't know.

I was doing uploading with FTP but that's not secure in AIR so with
WordPress I can save a "post" which is a post with custom fields that
contain the MXML page, the HTML page, the CSS and HTML Wrapper. No
uploading. So you can see web pages or designs online pretty easily.

An interesting thing is that I have been trying to take the clean work I
did in Flex code generation and make it work for HTML. HTML is just really
messed up. It's one patch that patches another patch that patches another
patch to make things work. Flex gets it right. So after some polishing on
some of the HTML export I'm going to go back to focusing on Flex features.
Adding states, adding skins, adding declarations panel and maybe maybe
maybe roundtrip or partial round trip for some MXML. Then hook that up to
the compiler.

I donated an earlier version to Apache and haven't updated it. I know it
takes work and motivation to lead something but there was any amount of
interest esp at the stage it was donated. So the version I've been working
on deviates on those multiple fronts I mentioned earlier and I'm hoping to
sell because I want to keep working on it. I can't figure out any other way
to keep making it. Anyway, if any developers on this list want it it's free
now and if you're a Flex developer it will be deeply discounted or free.

Posted by Fréderic Cox <co...@gmail.com>.
There is no indication that Adobe is actively working on Flash Builder.
Things are really quite on that front (unfortunately). I am still using
Flash Builder 4.7 daily (as a part of creative cloud).

Posted by KS...@loftware.com.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
You may give these a try:
http://www.radii8.com/demo/
https://github.com/igorcosta/ApacheFlexUIBuilder

Posted by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com>.
Hi Eduardo,
we too missed the design mode when, as Robert said, more than 2 years ago,
Adobe quit this great feature, BUT, after a really few hours (1 or 2)
learning the Flex mxml structure you'll be able to manage every view you
want to create in both mobile and web possibilities.... so, please, take a
book or google a little to find load of exmple to create awesome UI!

And, obviously, if you need help, Google your question or write to the
community, we'll be honored to help you!

have fun!
Angelo

Posted by Robert N <su...@outlook.com>.